Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Life verse...


"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5&6

This is such an amazing promise from God. A long time ago I heard a very wise man say that we all should have a life verse, not because God commands it, or because we are not a good Christian if we don't, just because it is an amazing thing to have one verse that we can constantly come back to that keeps us looking in the right direction. So, not long after that I set out on a mission to find my "life verse" and this was it.
I love this promise from God because it encompasses the Christian life. If we can learn to FULLY trust in God with everything that is in us, totally forget our way of thinking, make sure that we look to him in everything that we do, then HE will make our paths straight.
It is so amazing to me after soooooo many times of reading this verse and reciting it in my head, I STILL stray from the beaten path in my walk with God. BUT, the absolutely incredible part is that because of what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross, no matter how many times I fall, or stumble, or stray, He always forgives me, he always wipes my slate clean, and he always allows me to find my way back to the path.
My point in taking a moment to dwell on my life verse today is three-fold: Firstly, we as imperfect human beings will ALWAYS fail; Secondly, God's grace is MORE THAN ENOUGH to cover our failures; And lastly, find a verse that you too can call your "life verse", it is something that you will value forever.

1 comment:

kay said...

you said it girl!!!

God has let me be totally humbled by all the great things he has done for me and mine in this mess that we are in. i want to be the one to take control in everything and he has really showed me that i can't. but HE can!!

Jeremiah 29:11:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.