Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Celebrating 2 years and new life!



On December 28th we celebrated Caleb's 2nd birthday. I can't believe how incredibly fast my little man is growing up. It was a Monday night and we had some of Caleb's friends over for a party while I was VERY pregnant with Carson. He had a lot of fun with his friends and started crying when we sang "Happy Birthday", lol. He did a great job this year with opening presents and was actually interested and got excited about his presents. I am so proud of my 2 year old little man that is growing up so quickly and learning new things everyday. He is truly a blessing and brings great entertainment everyday! He is starting to talk in sentences and gets really frustrated when you can't understand what he is trying to tell you.

After everyone had left our house from Caleb's birthday party and we got Caleb in bed and were cleaning up, my water suddenly broke! I was only 37 weeks but ECSTATIC to not have to be pregnant anymore and to get to meet my new little man! My brother and his wife who were in town for the holidays came over and stayed at our house with Caleb so we could go to the hospital. We wound up having Carson Graham McLaughlin at 9:51 am the next morning.
I remember contemplating many times while I was pregnant how I would possibly able to love another son as much as I love Caleb, but as soon as they laid Carson on me and tears were streaming beyond my control, all those thoughts were completely gone. I loved him more than I could have possibly imagined! I am so blessed to be the mommy of two amazing little boys and can't wait to watch them grow up together!

No comments: